Who We Are
The Shared Future Coalition is a cross-sector group of community members, with a common mission:
Empowering youth to reduce substance misuse through inclusive and equitable engagement, community education, and policy.
What We Do
We work together on solutions that support our vision for a safe, healthy and prosperous community.
We invite you to learn more about the impacts of substance misuse and the powerful opportunities we have for prevention. Join us and start making a difference today!
The Shared Future Coalition recognizes that substance misuse impacts all aspects of Deschutes County, from the individual to the family to the community. With accessibility, diversity, and cultural responsiveness in mind, the following values are embedded into all of our prevention efforts:
- We value safe, healthy and legal behaviors involving substance use.
- We value our community’s future by creating sustainable practices which reduce health and societal costs stemming from substance misuse.
- We value the health and well-being of all people, recognizing that the health of our community and economy is dependent on the health of individuals.
- We value community stewardship which fosters safety, economic development, a productive workforce, and a higher standard for both public and private environments.
- We value the healthy, fun, and active lifestyle in Deschutes County and the economic leverage gained from healthy behaviors.
- We value civic and social accountability of citizens, organizations, agencies and businesses.
- We value education and training opportunities, and the ability for people of all ages to succeed academically and socially.
- We value relationships among individuals, within and among families, and between varied arrays of community partners.
- We value a strategic approach to preventing substance misuse which maximizes the return to our community. This may include addressing other potentially addictive behaviors that can intersect with substance misuse, such as gambling, video gaming, and digital screen use.
Shared Future Coalition Board Members
Coalition Advisory Board Members provide oversight, implementation, and evaluation of the Shared Future Coalition’s strategic plan. Members may live in any community within Deschutes County. There are 12 designated community sector representative seats and six at-large seats on the Advisory Board. Meetings are held quarterly, with committees or community-level teams meeting more frequently based on project need. If you are interested in joining our advisory board or attending a meeting please contact us.
Central Oregon Health Council
Oregon Parks & Recreation Department
High Desert Education Service District
Regional Director of
Mental & Behavioral Health
Oregon Dept. of Transportation
Region 4 Transportation Safety Coordinator
Oregon Liquor & Cannabis Commission
Regional Manager – Central and Eastern Oregon
Deschutes County Health Services
Prevention and Health Promotion Program Manager
Oregon Employment Division
Trade Act Navigator
Cascade Security Inc.
Vice President – Human Resources/Owner
Deschutes County Juvenile Community Justice
Behavioral Health Specialist II, Functional Family Therapy Team
Shared Future Coalition Staff
Deschutes County Health Services staff provide technical assistance and coordination for the Shared Future Coalition.
Youth Committee: Teen Community Health Advocates (TCHA)
Teen Community Health Advocates (TCHA) is a sub-committee of the Shared Future Coalition, made up of high school students in Bend, committed to preventing substance misuse amongst youth. Projects and meetings are youth-led, and new members are always welcome! To learn more or get involved, please contact [email protected]
We would love to partner with you in this important work! Join us today!